Thursday, September 23, 2010

Samantha and the Three Foot Rule

Samantha and I have been working together for over two years - sometimes with unintentionally long breaks. But she paid me a high compliment last week when she asked me to start working on a special photo album for her boyfriend. The reason: she always felt comfortable shooting with me and knew she wouldn't have uncomfortable moments while posing in exposed or vulnerable situations.

Hence, my general three foot rule. In 99% of situations during a shoot, I'm going to be at least three feet away. No uncomfortably close moments, no accidental or intentional touching. Good communication goes a long way and if a really wicked shot needs the rule to broken, it will be talked out first. No surprises. But I digress...

The first few images are kinda sporty...





No comments:

Post a Comment